The City Engineer provides administrative and professional engineering services as directed by the City Manager. Responsibilities include serving as Engineering Department Director providing management of the Building Official, Environmental Program Manager, Zoning Administrator, GIS Coordinator, City Electrician and public building/property maintenance staff activities. The City Engineer provides for the following services:
- Coordination with the Virginia Department of Health Office of Drinking Water, the Department of Environmental Quality, and Environmental Protection Agency regarding regulatory compliance on the water/wastewater utilities and the City’s closed sanitary landfill operation.
- Ensures environmental compliance and response regarding groundwater, surface water, storm water, and erosion and sediment control issues.
- Provides design, construction plan review and inspection for City utilities and buildings.
- Management of traffic control signal device maintenance and improvements.
- Management of property maintenance repairs and improvements of City buildings.
Contact the City Engineer for additional information regarding:
- Regulatory matters involving the 1.) Virginia Department of Health Office of Drinking Water, 2.) The Department of Environmental Quality and 3.) The Environmental Protection Agency.
- Drinking Water Treatment Consumer Confidence Report
- Wastewater Treatment Facility Virginia Pollution Discharge Elimination System Permit
- Industrial Pretreatment Program
- General environmental issues or concerns
- Traffic control signal devices and street lights
- City building and property maintenance issues
- Issues with the operation of the Building Official, Environmental Programs, GIS Systems and Zoning Administration offices
Annual Drinking Water Quality Report